About Cyprus duty free allowance. Every travelers entering Cyprus are entitle to import certain good at certain quantity without paying duty fee, custom fee or import tax on them. This page will show you which items, under Cyprus duty free allowance are you able to import without paying duty allowance.The import duty free is applicable provided they are carried or accompanied by the traveler and they are meant for non-commercial purposes.
Cyprus Duty Free Allowance: Tobacco Products
- Cigarettes 200 pcs
- cigarillos (of a maximum weight of 3 grammes each)
- cigars 50 pcs
- smoking tobacco 250 grammes
Alcohol and alcoholic beverages
- Alcohol and alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength not exceeding 22° or un-denatured ethyl alcohol of 80% vol. and over Total of 1 litre
- Alcohol and alcoholic beverage of an alcoholic strength not exceeding 22%, Total of 2 litres
- Still wine 4 litres
- Beer 16 litres
The value of other goods which are not listed above but which may be import duty free under the conditions that they are imported exclusively for the personal or family use of the travelers or intend to be given as presents, shall not exceed €430 per person.
For travelers under 15 years old the value of goods shall not exceed €175.
Travelers under the age of 17 are not entitled to duty free allowance on tobacco products and alcoholic beverages.
Cyprus Duty Free Allowances for Crew Members
- Cigarette 40 pcs
- or cigarillos (of a maximum weight of 3 grammes each) 20 pcs
- or cigars 10 pcs
- or smoking tobacco 50 grammes
Alcohol and alcoholic beverages
- Alcohol and alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength exceeding 22° or un-denatured ethyl alcohol of 80% vol. and overall Total of 0.25 litre
- Alcohol and alcoholic beverages of an alcoholic strength not exceeding 22° Total of 0.50 litres
- Still wine 1 litre
- Beer 3 litres
The value of goods other than those referred above, which are imported exclusively for the personal or family use of the travelers or intend to be given as presents, shall not exceed €35 per person
Cyprus Duty Free Allowance for Temporary visitors
Temporary visitors are persons who reside outside Cyprus and wish to leave the country finally within twelve months from the date of their arrival.
Temporary visitors are eligible to import the under-listed items, it doesn’t matter whether such items are carried by them or are contained in their accompanied baggage:
- those provided by general allowances, which are granted to every incoming passenger;
- wearing apparel and other personal effects and any other goods, which a visitor and his temporary imported private vehicles and aircraft may require. The goods may include all the articles that the visitor is used to take with him in a trip abroad, such as:
The goods will be allowed import duty free provided they
- are all rightly declared to Customs.
- are meant for the personal use of the temporary visitor or his accompany personnel and the quantities imported are reasonable.
- are imported within a period of two months prior to or after the arrival of the temporary visitor.
Private vehicles and aircraft
Temporary visitors are also entitle to import their motor vehicle or aircraft duty free provided it is going to be use by them during staying in Cyprus and will not be transfer to second party by selling or any other mean that will profited the importer..